2020 Team Trip
You care about the world’s most vulnerable. You are compelled to be a voice
for the voiceless. You want to engage in hands-on, meaningful work.
Join Sarah and the Saving Moses team to make a life-changing difference
for little ones who need love, care, and protection.
WHEN: July 3-11th, 2020
WHERE: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
COST: $2,795- Covers airfare from LAX, double occupancy room, ground transportation, gratuities, and some excursions
NEXT STEP: Complete an application
After you complete an application, we will send you an email with next steps including paying the application fee of $30 and completing background check forms. These things are needed before acceptance. Upon acceptance, waivers and a nonrefundable $500 deposit must be received to hold your spot.
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
- 8:00 am- Breakfast at the hotel
- 8:30 am- Devotions and group time
- 9:00 am- Depart for NightCare Center
- 9:30 am- Meet with a mother who brings her child to NightCare
- 10:00 am- Work in NightCare- painting, cleaning, maintenance projects
- 12:00 pm- Lunch at a nearby restaurant
- 1:00 pm- Hotel downtime
- 3:00 pm- Visit NightCare neighborhood
- 5:00 pm- Attend NightCare- play with babies and toddlers, assist NightCare staff
- 7:00 pm- Dinner
- 9:00 pm- Return to the hotel
- Why do I need to complete an application? Saving Moses protects the world’s most vulnerable babies and toddlers. We require a background check and application to ensure that everyone we bring into our centers is safe around children.
- What are the accommodations like? We stay at a trusted hotel that is basic but clean and comfortable. Amenities include air conditioning, hot showers, wifi, double occupancy (unless you pay extra for single occupancy), television, telephone, and safe.
- What kind of food will I be eating? Despite being a developing country, Phnom Penh is a cosmopolitan city with restaurants of various cuisines.
- I do not have experience working with children or traveling abroad. Is it okay if I go? As long as you pass our application process and are ready to love the NightCare babies and toddlers, absolutely! Our seasoned Saving Moses staff will be with you every step of the way to ensure you have the tools you need to make this an enjoyable trip. We will provide you with the training you need to work in the centers, interact with the locals, and experience the Khmer culture.
- I need help paying for it. What do I do? The majority of our trip participants raise the funds they need for the trip. We will send you a fundraising packet & info on how to write a fundraising letter to help you out.