Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq
We provide community-based education and skilled birth attendants in areas where thousands of babies die from lack of healthcare services or knowledge.
WHY ARE SO MANY BABIES DYING?
- Years of war have devastated the region and sadly, hospitals and clinics are often key targets during the conflict. Access to healthcare is extremely limited. Because of their fragility and dependency, babies and toddlers are the most vulnerable during the conflict.
- Many women live too far from a skilled healthcare facility where they can safely give birth. These women often cannot afford to travel to these facilities or will not for cultural reasons. Therefore, they regularly give birth alone in unsanitary conditions.
- Lack of knowledge of safe birthing practices and infant care cause many preventable deaths. Babies born healthy pass away as a result of infection, disease, or malnutrition.
HOW DOES SAVING MOSES HELP?
- Provide midwives, pediatricians, obstetricians, and nurses so mothers don’t give birth alone.
- Educate communities on safe births, breastfeeding, and infant care so communities are equipped to nurture new lives entering the world.